Sunday, November 27, 2016

Tongan Living



Hello Family and Friends,

It's been another good week in Tonga, but I totally forgot that this week was Thanksgiving! Obviously nobody celebrates Thanksgiving over here in Tonga, and it was around 7:00 on Thursday and I turned to Elder Cho and said, "wait, today is Thanksgiving!" Some things I'm thankful for are: water, a roof, the opportunity after my mission to post up AJ, the opportunity to serve in Tonga, friends, and family. 

Our progressing investigator, named Elaini, is going to be baptized today! We set up her baptismal date for next week but since she is ready now and is going to be out of town next week we decided to have it today! Pretty rushed getting everything together, but I'm excited for her baptism today and her confirmation tomorrow.  

Things I feel like I should mention:
 
1. Tongan family terms. I figured out why everybody in Tonga is family. They don't have the term "once removed, " so therefore everybody is either a cousin, Aunt or Uncle. There is no such thing as a 2nd cousin or a cousin once removed.

2.  My comp Elder Cho is the bomb. He's From Taiwan and has such a funny personality. He takes everything really seriously and it's pretty funny when President gives him crazy tasks to do or jokes around with him. His personality is such that you will never forget him. The senior couple that live next door to us don't even know my name, they just know Elder Cho, haha.  I got to used to that a while ago.  

3. We drove to the other side of the island this week. Got some good pics. 

That's pretty much it for this past week. This next week in the office we are preparing for the mission tour that will happen the following week with Elder Halick of the seventy and his wife. 

Ofa Lahi Atu, lau 'a e ngaahi folofola, lotu, alu to lotu, tauhi 'ae ngaahi fekau, ko ia pe. 
Thank you for your prayers and support, love you guys(especially the fam) very much!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment