Sunday, October 9, 2016

Wow

These past 5 days have been crazy. Like I said last week I was transferred to the office and my companions are Elder Cho from Taiwan and Elder Gardiner from Vernal Utah. Elder Gardiner is training us and he's a cool and funny guy, but it really scares me that he gained 40 pounds in the office. Elder Cho is awesome too. He just hit his year mark and is SUPER CLEAN. Compared to Tongans I'm super clean. If you compared Elder Cho to Damian Lillard in terms of cleanliness, I would probably be somewhere around Gordon Hayward, but it's good for me.

Transfers were insane.  The office elders stay right next to the office in the "Dorm", and the 19 elders who were training all stayed with us in our room with 5 beds. It was crazy but way fun. Except for yesterday we've had at least 10 elders in the dorm with us. We also picked up the new intake which was so weird.  I've only been here six weeks and they're all asking me advice! Haha but it's fun to meet all the missionaries. That's the main thing I liked about this week, that I got to see a ton of missionaries and I make a lot of friends.

What I've done this week: 
1) Make flights.  Everybody going to the other islands, Vava'u or Ha'apai needs to go on a boat or a plane to get there and we are in charge of making sure that everybody gets there, hopefully with their luggage.
2) Get food for everybody.  We go to restaurants and buy food for everybody. Tongans eat a lot of food.
3) Normal office stuff, processing things and getting random materials for everybody etc. 

One skill I'm going to need to learn is a stick shift, and driving on the left side of the road, because I'm going to be driving as soon as Elder Gardiner leaves which scares me more than AJ twisting an ankle. Life has been good, but pretty stressful.  I don't know a whole lot but that's alright because Elder Cho, with his Chinese brain, basically knows everything.

Lastly conference, I just got back from the first session of conference. It was amazing! I felt like every speaker said something that was of great importance to me. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk to start it off about finding joy in what we have and not taking doctrines or ordinances for granted. I think that's something that everybody, especially me, needs to know.  To take the sacrament more serious and find Joy in the plan of Salvation.

Ofa Atu,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment