Monday, October 9, 2017

Hey Everybody,

Life is good on this side of the ocean. This past week Elder Vaisa and I finally set up a system to go out to Atata [the small island in his area] and we made the trip this week. The history of the Church on this island is pretty cool and very new. Last year a couple in Hofoa (where we live) got called to move out to Atata and start the church there. When the Stake President and the couple headed out to Atata, the town officer was there on the beach with a knife. The Stake President happened to be a retired lawyer and made sure that everything went smoothly with the first transition of the Church on the island. The first Sunday there were 3 members. The Tauhi kolo (whatever that is in English [leader?]), his wife, and his son. It stayed that way for about 3 months until another member family moved to the island. During the last year two families have been baptized and there are now 31 members in Atata with 7 priesthood holders. It's pretty crazy, because of how small the island is, that there are that many members. It is really cool to be able to go out to the island and help the work out there.

Other than that, we were able to find and commit a lot of people to baptism this week. Who knows how many will work out but we will keep trying. Every week my testimony grows stronger that missionary work needs to be done through the members.

We had Zone conference last week which went really well. I really enjoy listening to president Tui'one and his instructions on how I can become a better missionary.  General conference was probably the highlight of last week. I did the same thing I did last time and wrote 5 questions and all were answered again, except for 1 which I believe will be answered when I review the talks. The Book of Mormon and the power from it was what hit me hardest. It's the one thing that is most important to my investigators, that they have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It's kind of pointless to continue with the lessons if they don't read it and pray about it.

- I am up by 5 wins against Elder Vaisa in Darts.
- Our neighbor has a person living there who is an absolutely amazing singer.
- I played tennis this morning for the first time in a year. It was way fun. There are people in my area who come from Eua which is know for playing tennis. I definitely need to get back in the game though.

Ofa atu.  I invite all to watch, listen, read, or reread the conference talks, literally the best thing in the world. It's like another Christmas for missionaries. 

Do good things, 
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment