Monday, October 2, 2017

Hey everybody,

It was another good week. I was able to see a really great miracle this past week. Two transfers ago I had the opportunity to teach an investigator in Longolongo named Neomai. Unfortunately she couldn't get baptized because her dad was a preacher in another church. Three months later, after a LOT of fasting and prayer, her Dad last week gave her permission to get baptized. To be honest I feel like one the biggest things God has tried to teach me on my mission is that fasting works, which kind of sounds weird but has been very true. I have been able to witness miracles because of fasting. I can't change anybody's mind, but I know God can.

Last week we focused our efforts on finding people to teach in Hofoa and knocked every door in Hofoa trying to find new investigators. It actually kind of worked and we were able to find some people to teach, but though none look super promising, we will sure try. For our zone conference tomorrow we have been asked to teach on Chapter 9 from Preach My Gospel on finding people to teach. I'm a little confused on how to teach this because every convert on my mission has come from a member. For example, last week all we did was knock doors and the only 1 investigator that came to church was from a member who brought her. 


Besides that, life has been going great. Elder Vaisa and I have been having darts competitions after every planning session in our house and after being down four I have tied it up with two weeks left in the transfer. 

Ofa atu​​​​, 
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment