Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hey all, 

It's been a good week over here in Tonga and a lot of things have happened. I think I'll go for 1-10.

1. Atata- we went out to Atata again this past week. It was OK. After 4 trips already I'm starting to get tired out from it. We went to the island using the tourist boat and slept the night. I went with Elder Lomu who's on his second transfer so it was good to give him the island experience. We played soccer with all the guys on the island (surprisingly a big thing on Atata) then we visited members. We were able to find one new investigator and teach one lesson which was great.

2. Lavenia- Lavenia is finally going to get baptized this Saturday. It's been good to see her testimony of the Gospel and her desire to be baptized. 

3. Uenita- definitely has not yet given birth. She will be baptized as soon as she does, haha. Her due date was two weeks ago #Tonga.

4. Huge change to Mission Tonga. We are now able to wear Western gear instead of the normal Tupenu and Ta'ovala. Our mission is in a little bit of an uproar about it, but we shall see how long that lasts. I have already given all my pants away so it doesn't really effect me.

5. We are teaching a family! The mom's name is Talafungani and it's been real fun to get close with her 5 kids. Nobody is really progressing from that family so we will be working together this week to try and get them progressing.

6. I had a good spiritual experience yesterday - as we were walking from one appointment to another,  my eyes hit on this one house. We kept walking for another 20 seconds but I couldn't take my eyes off the house, so we went back and knocked on the door and found a potential investigator. Listen to the Spirit.

7. I'm killing it in darts this transfer. I think my form has been getting a lot better. I'm already up 4 on Elder Vaisa this transfer.

8. On the way back from Atata we were on the boat with a guy from Switzerland. It was funny talking about Roger Federer. I tried sharing the gospel with him as we got off the boat and boom he was gone. haha

9. I have been really bad about doing language study for the past while. I think I've gotten to a point where my Tongan is alright but if I want to be good at it I gotta start studying.  We've been trying to speak Tongan all the time and we're trying to fit in language study every day.

10. We have really high goals this transfer. President set a goal of 40 baptisms for every zone. Last transfer we had 13, so our faith and hard work are going to have to grow a lot.

Love you all. 
Have a great week,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment