Monday, March 20, 2017

Sudup na sudup

Hey Family and friends!
Another transfer has come and gone and both Elder Manu and I will be staying in Fatumu! I'm really glad that we are still staying here. It's such a nice area and we're friends with everybody. I am kind of worried about the work though. We haven't had the opportunity to actually teach an investigator in almost a month. One thing about Tonga, in the areas that are really small a lot of people have already been baptized or are super strong in their church. One of the things we are going to do is make three maps for each of our areas and get know everybody at each house.

This week was our branch conference in Lavengatonga, so we had a lot of stuff to do over there. Funny side note - we had refreshments for one of the activities and I made Snickedoodles again, crazy hit. I was walking to the Branch President's house the next day and his wife looked at me and called me kokisi! (weird made up name for cookies). We now have two activities scheduled to teach the relief society and the youth how to make the cookies. I love the people in the branch so much. There is a lot of funny/crazy people. (Example: the branch president came in when we were teaching Sunday School and talked to me for 20 minuets about me marrying a Tongan)

Random facts:
- Our district changed a lot. We got 2 Elders WHO BALL. I'm so pumped. Our new district leader is pretty good too, I got to play with him when I was in the office.
- Speaking of ball, Elder Manu and I have gotten really good at playing basketball every morning.
- Crazy sunsets this week, got some good pics.
- A quote that I thought a lot about this week, paraphrased, is that behavior is changed faster as we study the Gospel of Jesus Christ and study his doctrine. Read the scriptures every day. 
Ofa lahi atu - Church is true,
          Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment