Monday, September 12, 2016

Yo,

Life is good in Tonga. I spent a lot of time writing personal emails this week so I don't have a whole lot of time.  Elder Talisa and I have two baptisms set up for this Saturday, the 19-year-old who we have been teaching these past couple of weeks, and an 11-year-old in the ward who randomly hasn't been baptized (Tongan lifestyle).

I've been sick the entire week. Last P-day I ate some dog(very popular p-day activity) and then had stomach problems the rest of the week, but I'm getting over it and I have gotten back to work these past couple of days. Honestly the hardest thing for me so far is not being able to communicate with anybody, My patience with myself is really struggling. But I've been improving and life has gotten better this last week. Other than that I'm just trying to work hard to be the best missionary I can be. 

Also the first aid kits made it to Tonga. [From his eagle project last winter.] The customs people went all through the boxes but didn't take anything. We actually are going to deliver them to the School here in my area which is gonna be pretty awesome.

Random Tongan saying:  when you greet people you give a "YO" which is way fun.

Work hard, eat hard, pray harder.
 
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Devin Booker is MVP is three years.


Love,
Uncle Leaves

 

No comments:

Post a Comment