1. TONGAN SINGING. Okay, really there isn't anything to match it. I hated singing 3 weeks ago except for, "Thats how I beat Shaq," but Elder Fakahua in my district is Elder Adell Fakahua. I'm not kidding he's insane. Elder Manu is Elder Josh Groban Manu. And my hoa, Elder Naselai is Thurl Bailey. I'm the white kid who really doesn't care how bad I sing, but I honestly straight out belt. I pride myself on being the loudest and having no shame.
2. My teachers - Brother Diel and Brother Tautua'a. They are so sweet. Brother Tautua'a is from Tonga and moved to Utah his Sophmore year in high school. Brother Diel( Diela) served in Tonga a couple years ago. They are super fun and really good teachers.
3. We got a new group in our zone, 24 elders and sisters left and we got 60 new elders and sisters. Its really fun to not be the newbies anymore. Countries in our zone are Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Madacasgcar, Haitian Creole and ASL. In my group we have Fiji, Samoa, Tongan, with some elders going to different places like Austrailia and Hawaii.
4. I feel like my Tongan improved a lot this last week. I was in a lesson and a thought came to my mind to bear a testimony of how reading the book of Mormon could change the investigators life. The words and the structure kinda just came to my head and I bore a really good testimony. This week I really felt the Gift of Tongues. Honestly I feel better about teaching in Tongan rather than in English. We do 3 minute practice lessons in English and then in Tongan. And though my Tongan is very simply said, I feel like teaching in English is so weird and the spirit is with me more in Tongan.
5. I got to host some friends from High School. I hosted Elder Colten Lafontaine and Elder Nejad Arshad. I also saw Colson and Seth Doyle. TIMPVIEW MTC.
Finally, I have been thinking a lot this week about Nephi and how much faith he had. Even though so many things were going wrong in the wilderness and his brothers kept murmuring and persecuting him, he still put his faith in Jesus Christ. Nephi performed some amazing miracles and because of his faith he led his family to the promise land. I testify if we had faith like Nephi all things are possible. I know that even though Tongan is(forgive my language) flipping hard, I can learn Tongan and teach to the people of Tonga.
I love you all, thanks for being great examples.
P.S I'm kinda sensing a warriors blow-up and the Blaze are gonna take it all, please email with thoughts.
P.P.S I got made a district leader