Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hey! Life is still going great in the MTC. Though it's crazy hard, every hour of every day I learn so much. One hour I'm memorizing the missionary purpose and the first vision in Tongan, then the next hour I'm practicing teaching the plan of Salvation in 30 seconds. Though it was way overwhelming at first, I've grown to love spending my time so productively instead of watching Dame Dolla highlights (okay, okay never mind, that's obviously very productive).

For our Sunday devotional the Nashville Tribute band came and sang some Christian Pop. I LOVED it. Throwing it back to 107.5 driving down Timpview Drive at midnight. I don't know if it was MTC appropriate for sure, but I loved it. 

My Tongan is improving and I feel like I've been getting a lot of vocab down, but the sentence structure is unbelievable.  I'm able to kind of bear my testimony and say prayers. The word of the week is "fakatomala" which means repent, and has been said every time anybody in our district has dropped a pen or done anything remotely wrong. I think that we have a TRC next week which scares the daylights out of me, but we'll see what happens.

My teacher has been showing our district pictures of Tonga and what we are going to be doing which makes me so excited. I cannot wait to get back to the country and people I already love and share the gospel. 

OFA ATU


No comments:

Post a Comment