Monday, April 16, 2018

Ha'afeva Life


Hey Everyone, 

Things are going really well, time is going fast and I am doing great out here. Ha'afeva is the place, I really love it. We have set up a lot of programs and have been trying to work with less actives. Our District President, Pres. Lavaka, is the guy. He has one of the 3 trucks on the island, a boat and the only motorcycle thing. I've been eating a ton of fish, and my new favorite food is fried fish. It's also been raining a ton over here, but it's been fun to work in the rain. 


We've just finished visiting the Lulunga district, so we've been out to all the seven islands in our area, including Nomuka which is the farthest one. On Tungua, one of our islands about an hour away, we completely run church, which means we preside, conduct, give 20 min talks each and then teach 2nd hour. We have 3 investigators there on Tungua, but the work has been hard because there is nobody to fellowship to them. There are 7 members and only 2 take the sacrament. One of our investigators is Lini. She's 14 years old and we have taught her all the lessons. The only problem is with her parents, but we are fasting and praying, so it eventually will work out. We have been to Tungua 3 times, which is the island I've been to the most. We rarely go to church in Ha'afeva. We just go around with Pres. Lavaka or go where he tells us to go.

Random things:
- I have spoken in Church all 6 weeks of last transfer and if you count Uncle Larry's talk in General Conference, Elder Wilson has spoken at meetings the last 7 weeks. 
- I've eaten shark, turtle, and basically every thing else. Turtle is super good but shark tastes way gross.
- Played tennis a couple of times, but it's been funny. They are pretty good but don't ever move their feet when they hit. 
- The water hasn't been working so there's been a lot of showering out of a bucket.
- Dang it's hot
- We taught an entire lesson to an investigator in Nomuka, challenged her to baptism and then she says has already been baptized.
- On the way to O'ua we caught a fish, went straight to a member's house, cooked and then ate the fish within 20 minutes of it being caught.
- Walking in Ha'afeva we see a guy on a beach just swinging a huge turtle around.


I want to testify about General Conference, it really gave me some good guidance in my life. I loved Larry's talk and the others about prophets. 

I love you all.  It's crazy to think next trasfer is my last. I'm actually kind of sad and excited at the same time, life goes fast and Tonga has been a big part of my life, and it's gonna be hard to leave. 


Live the gospel,
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment