Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hey family and friends, 

Sorry, no long email today. I'm working in Ha'apai, in the outer islands, and we just came in for Zone Conference and then we are about to catch the boat back, so I have lots of things to talk about in a very short amount of time.

1. Gita: We went to the church and camped out for the hurricane. My town was on the west side of Tongatapu, so it wasn't as affected as the rest of the island. But basically just about every tree in Tonga fell down and a lot of houses had a lot of damage. Afterward we had a week of straight service.

2. The next week I was transfered to Ha'afeva Ha'apai.  Ha'afeva is an outer island about a 2 hour boat ride from the main island of Ha'apai (depending on the boat). We cover Vahe, Lulunga which is basically 7 small islands (Tungua, O'ua, Ha'afeva, Nomuka, Fotuha'a, Matuku and Kotu),and all the islands have an average of  about 80 people on them. Each island is about an hour apart from each other. I've been to 4 of the islands and it's been sweet. This is a very beautiful area and we have a boat called Moroni that we can use sometimes. I'm companions with Elder Mahe, who I came to Tonga with. We are doing a lot of work and it's good to be with somebody who's exactly obedient and works hard. 





3. The outer island life is really slow and really chill. I eat a lot fish. People here in this area are super nice. A lot of them are already baptized and the others are very strong in their church, so work has historically been very slow, but we are trying our hardest to change that. Right now we have a plan with the Kaingalotu to read the Book of Mormon.

Random things:

- Ate 3 pigs last week
- People play tennis here too! 
- I have seen sharks, dolphins, and flying fish.
- I'm insanely tan and so happy that I'm not super white anymore.
- There's a b-ball hoop and I just got a net sent in from Tonga, I'm set - 3 months to dunking.

I love you all.  I testify the Church is true. Sorry this is so short, but the boat is waiting on us. I have had a lot of spiritual experiences out here and they all come from reading the Book of Mormon, so read it!


-- Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment