Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hey everybody, 


The theme of this past week is same old same old. Not a whole lot is happening over here on this side of the hood in Ha'akame.  All of our investigators live in other places on Tongatapu, so don't live in our area and our "fellow-shippers" have been having a hard time getting through to them. But life still goes on in Ha'akame. 

It's been really good to be with my companion. It's pretty cool that I've learned to understand Tongan behavior and language so much better, so now it honestly feels quite normal to be with a native Tongan. Elder Mohulamu also gets the award for most funny English, not that it's bad but he will randomly speak in English at the most random times and says the funniest things.  

We had a program with the YSA and Elder Cox in my district and I were able to teach another palangi Peace Corps worker. It was a good teaching teaching experience, but it's weird to think how many white people believe so much in science. Teaching white people is strange because every Tongan has such a good grasp on the concept of God. It's always amazing talking to Tongans about other teachings because they are always confused when we talk to them about their concerns. 


I had a good birthday, My comp surprised me after our district meeting yesterday. He had his family get a tunupuaka (roasted pig) and this awesome cake. Dang my life is 1/4 over. 

I balled out this morning, I'm trying to ball out every Wednesday and Saturday.  Weight check 178.4.


Love you all and have a great week.

--
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment